I like you the way you are
When we're drivin' in your car
and you're talking to me one on one but you've become
Somebody else round everyone else
You're watching your back like you can't relax
You're tryin' to be cool you look like a fool to me
Tell me
Why you have to go and make things so complicated?
I see the way you're acting like you're somebody else gets me frustrated
Life's like this you
And you fall and you crawl and you break
and you take what you get and you turn it into honesty
and promise me I'm never gonna find you fake it
no no noI've always liked this part of the song. I don't know why everyone criticizes her so much because although I do a little of my own share, I still liked her "poser" image from before.
She grew up quite a bit in the last few years and I think she basically is just building her image on what she is really like and having fun. I'm sure a few of us girls are guilty of having had these weird phases where you wanna be super girly & cute for a moment, all haute couture, dignified & sophisticated the next, then to being a don't-give-a-fuck rock star the next - consciously or not.
Is this what they mean by us trying to find out who we really are or is it just coveting for popularity? Haha, I wonder if guys go through the same thing...
4:14 PM